Eagles' Rashaad Penny competing for roster spot
Philadelphia Eagles reporter Bo Wulf of The Athletic notes that running back Rashaad Penny is one of "three players competing for one or two spots".
Wulf noted that fellow Eagles D'Andre Swift and Kenneth Gainwell were "locks" to make the opening day roster as long as they stay healthy, while Penny will be competing with Boston Scott, Trey Sermon, and Kennedy Brooks for the final one or two spots remaining on the team's running back depth chart. Wulf added that Penny's small contract means there are "no guarantees" of a locked-in spot on the roster.
If Penny can play the way he opened the 2022 season he should have no problem winning a spot on the team's Week 1 roster, but we'll have to see how things shake out this offseason. The oft-injured back handled 57 carries for 346 yards and 2 scores before breaking his leg in Week 5 last season, but his 6.1 yards per carry would have led all running backs in the league.
- Chargers' Donald Parham diagnosed with wrist sprain October 3rd, 2023
- Jahan Dotson (ankle) listed as limited in Commanders' Tuesday injury report October 3rd, 2023
- Luke Musgrave (concussion) active at Packers practice October 3rd, 2023
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (quad) limited on Tuesday October 3rd, 2023
- Steelers' Kenny Pickett (knee) scheduled to practice Wednesday October 3rd, 2023
- Pat Freiermuth (hamstring) 'very doubtful' for Steelers October 3rd, 2023
- Eagles' A.J. Brown breaks out for 175 yards, 2 touchdowns in Week 4 win October 1st, 2023
- Eagles' Rashaad Penny (healthy) inactive for Week 4 October 1st, 2023
- Eagles' DeVonta Smith (illness) available for Week 4 September 29th, 2023
- Eagles' DeVonta Smith (illness) DNP on Thursday, expects to play in Week 4 September 28th, 2023
- Eagles rule out Quez Watkins (hamstring) in Week 3 September 23rd, 2023
- DeVonta Smith (hamstring/thigh) not listed on Philadelphia's Week 3 injury report September 23rd, 2023