Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023
The Athletic's Zac Jackson reports that the Cleveland Browns have been making heavy use of wideout Elijah Moore and "want to get him the ball" in 2023.
Moore had an impressive rookie season with the Jets before falling out of favor in their offense in 2022. The Browns acquired the former second round pick from the Jets via trade, and already appear to be impressed with his skillset from his performance during OTAs. Jackson added that the Browns have been feeding Moore in the passing game already, and that the third-year receiver is establishing a connection with quarterback Deshaun Watson.
Moore thrived as the Jets' go-to guy for stretches as a rookie. When the team used him as their WR1 between Weeks 6 and 11 that year, he rewarded them with 34 catches for 459 yards and 5 touchdowns. He'll vie for targets with Amari Cooper and Donovan Peoples-Jones in 2023, but should get more opportunities than he did with the Jets last season.
- David Montgomery (thigh) DNP again Thursday for Lions September 21st, 2023
- Amon-Ra St. Brown (toe) back at Lions practice Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Joe Burrow (calf) considered day-to-day for Bengals September 21st, 2023
- Anthony Richardson (concussion) absent again Thursday for Colts September 21st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (toe) still not practicing Thursday for Chiefs September 21st, 2023
- Colts' Evan Hull done for season with torn meniscus September 21st, 2023
- Browns' Amari Cooper (groin, shoulder) DNP on Wednesday September 20th, 2023
- Browns sign Kareem Hunt to one-year deal September 20th, 2023
- Jerome Ford taking over as Browns 'feature back' September 19th, 2023
- Browns' Nick Chubb (knee) ruled out for rest of season September 19th, 2023
- Browns' Nick Chubb (leg) carted to locker room in Week 2 September 18th, 2023
- Amari Cooper (groin) officially active in Week 2 for Cleveland September 18th, 2023