49ers' Brock Purdy (elbow) on track to begin throwing in June
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy (elbow) is reportedly on track to begin throwing a football in early June, The Athletic's Matt Barrows reports.
Things appeared bleak shortly after Purdy suffered an elbow injury during the 49ers' devastating NFC Championship game loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, but it seems like the breakout quarterback avoided any worst case scenarios. He is now reportedly on track to begin throwing as early as next week after undergoing surgery after the playoffs and is expected to be ready to start for Week 1.
The 49ers seem intent on having Purdy lead their team come Week 1, and his shocking performance as a rookie provided a pretty good case as to why. He finished the regular season with 1,374 passing yards and 13 touchdowns to 4 interceptions, and rose to the challenge during the playoffs until his injury. Unless we hear otherwise during the summer, Purdy seems to have locked up a starting gig.
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Jonathan Taylor (ankle) sidelined for Colts OTAs, planning for training camp return May 25th, 2023
- Colts' Anthony Richardson showing flashes of 'really next-level stuff' May 25th, 2023
- Allen Robinson (foot) 'earmarked' for Steelers' slot receiver role May 25th, 2023
- Trey Lance working with 49ers' first unit in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy (elbow) on track to begin throwing in June May 25th, 2023
- Lynch: Brock Purdy (elbow) 'has earned the right' to start for the 49ers in 2023 March 27th, 2023
- San Francisco's Brock Purdy (elbow) undergoes surgery on Friday, expected to throw in 3 months March 10th, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months January 30th, 2023
- Update: Josh Johnson (concussion) ruled out for 49ers in NFC Championship Game; Brock Purdy (elbow) remains at quarterback January 29th, 2023