Jets' Aaron Rodgers 'tweaks calf' at OTAs
New York Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers is dealing with a mild calf issue and was limited in the teams' early OTAs.
Rodgers suffered an apparent calf strain in the early hours of the Jets' OTAs, but fortunately for the states of New York and New Jersey it looks like the star quarterback isn't dealing with anything serious; he was seen walking around the practice field (albeit gingerly) throughout the day afterwards. The addition of Rodgers could make the Jets a legitimate playoff contender in 2023, but their fallback plan of Zach Wilson is far from ideal.
The Jets spent the whole offseason up until the draft putting together the framework for a deal with the Packers to send Rodgers to New York, and his presence should be an immediate boost to their entire offense. The team signed former Rodgers teammates Allen Lazard and Randall Cobb to bolster their depth, while second-year receiver Garrett Wilson now seems poised for a breakout campaign in 2023.
- Rico Dowdle (ankle) limited Monday for Cowboys November 27th, 2023
- Ravens 'getting more comfortable' with Keaton Mitchell at running back November 27th, 2023
- Browns' Dorian Thompson-Robinson in concussion protocol following Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- X-rays negative for Browns' Amari Cooper (ribs) after Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Vikings rule out Justin Jefferson (hamstring) for Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Rashid Shaheed (quad) unlikely to play in Week 13 November 27th, 2023
- Allen Lazard officially a healthy Week 12 scratch for Jets November 24th, 2023
- Allen Lazard reportedly inactive Week 12 for Jets November 24th, 2023
- Garrett Wilson (elbow) upgraded Wednesday for Jets November 22nd, 2023
- Garrett Wilson (elbow) limited for Jets to start short week November 21st, 2023
- Rapoport: Tim Boyle taking over as Jets starter Week 12 November 20th, 2023
- Jets' Zach Wilson loses starting job to Tim Boyle November 20th, 2023