Free agent Brandon Boykin has career-threatening hip injury
Free agent cornerback Brandon Boykin has a hip issue "that might end his career," the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette "heard recently."
This would explain why Boykin has bounced around so much the past year. After trading for Boykin last summer, the Steelers mothballed Boykin the first three months of the season before finally letting him on the field in November. They didn't make much effort to re-sign him, and the Carolina Panthers gave Boykin a one-year deal before releasing him less than two months later. Boykin has visited the Atlanta Falcons and Dallas Cowboys since then but hasn't landed another contract.
In limited time in 2015, Boykin racked up 25 total tackles, one interception and five passes defensed.
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Ravens focused on involving J.K. Dobbins in the passing game June 13th, 2021
- Ravens sign Gus Edwards to 2-year extension June 7th, 2021
- Baltimore's Mark Ingram not expected to play in Saturday's Divisional playoff contest against Bills January 16th, 2021
- Baltimore's Willie Snead (ankle) questionable for Sunday's Wild Card contest against Titans January 8th, 2021
- Willie Snead (ankle) upgraded for Ravens January 7th, 2021
- Baltimore's Willie Snead (ankle) absent on Wednesday January 6th, 2021