Eagles' Jalen Hurts signs largest contract ever
The Philadelphia Eagles have signed quarterback Jalen Hurts to a five-year, $255 million contract with $179.3 million in guarantees.
The $255 million contract makes Hurts the highest-paid NFL player of all time, and locks him in as the Eagles' quarterback for the foreseeable future. The former second-round pick has improved in each of his three seasons since joining the league, and helped guide the Eagles to the Super Bowl this past season. With Hurts at the helm, the Eagles will likely remain one of the favorites to win the NFC in the 2023 season.
Hurts was a top-flight quarterback for fantasy football in his first two seasons due to his ability to provide value as a rusher, but finished the 2022 season as the QB1 in fantasy points per game (25.8) after making a strong leap as a passer in his third season. His 8.4 adjusted yards per pass attempt tied for the third-highest mark in the league, and his 1.7% interception rate tied for the fourth-best rate. He'll be among the first quarterbacks drafted in 2023 fantasy drafts.
- Chris Olave (concussion) active for Saints' Week 13 game December 3rd, 2023
- Treylon Burks (head) officially active for Titans in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Titans' Treylon Burks (concussion) expected to play in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Jonathan Taylor (thumb) expected to miss 3-5 weeks for Colts December 3rd, 2023
- Ezekiel Elliott (thigh) expected to play in Pats' Week 13 game December 3rd, 2023
- Dalvin Cook (shoulder) expected to suit up for Jets in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Eagles' Dallas Goedert (forearm) doubtful for Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Dallas Goedert (forearm) DNP again Thursday for Eagles November 30th, 2023
- Dallas Goedert (forearm) still sidelined Wednesday for Eagles November 29th, 2023
- Eagles' Dallas Goedert (forearm) trying to play Week 13 November 27th, 2023
- Eagles' Lane Johnson (groin) inactive for Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Eagles' A.J. Brown (thigh) available for Week 12 November 24th, 2023