Broncos 'won't know...for a while' about Javonte Williams' (knee) health
Denver Broncos general manager George Paton said Monday that the team "won't know that for a while" when asked if running back Javonte Williams (knee) will be available for the start of the 2023 season.
Williams suffered a complicated knee injury in Week 4 of the 2022 season, including tears in his ACL, LCL, and PCL. It would seem that Williams' status for Week 1 of the 2023 is currently up in the air, and that his recovery process may resemble the lengthy one Baltimore Ravens running back J.K. Dobbins dealt with in recent seasons.
If Williams is unable to play by Week 1, free agent signing Samaje Perine could be queued up for a significant workload. The team, under guidance from new head coach Sean Payton, made signing Perine somewhat of a priority this offseason, inking the former Bengal to a two-year contract near the opening of free agency.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Broncos' Javonte Williams (knee) practicing 'in a limited capacity' May 25th, 2023
- Russell Wilson 'leaner and meaner' for Broncos May 25th, 2023
- Broncos exercise Jerry Jeudy's fifth-year option May 4th, 2023
- Broncos 'won't know...for a while' about Javonte Williams' (knee) health March 27th, 2023
- Broncos' Russell Wilson (knee) cleared to resume throwing March 27th, 2023
- Broncos sign running back Samaje Perine to 2-year contract on Tuesday March 14th, 2023