Jets trading Elijah Moore to Cleveland Browns
The New York Jets are trading wide receiver Elijah Moore and a 2023 third-round pick (No. 74) to the Cleveland Browns for a 2023 second-round pick (No. 42).
Moore became expendable after the Jets signed Mecole Hardman and Allen Lazard in free agency. He will have an easier path to playing time in Cleveland, as Donovan Peoples-Jones and David Bell are currently the only competition for the No. 2 receiver job behind Amari Cooper. Moore had a promising rookie season in 2021 after being selected with the No. 34 overall pick, but his second campaign was marred by an unfulfilled trade request that resulted in being benched and made inactive.
Moore had 43 receptions on 77 targets for 538 yards and 5 touchdowns across 11 appearances as a rookie, but he only caught 37 passes on 65 targets for 446 yards and 1 touchdowns in 16 games last year. He averaged an inefficient 6.9 yards per target and 1.23 yards per route run over those two seasons.
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Trey Lance working with 49ers' first unit in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy (elbow) on track to begin throwing in June May 25th, 2023
- Jonathan Taylor (ankle) sidelined for Colts OTAs, planning for training camp return May 25th, 2023
- Browns' Jerome Ford in line for 'a much larger role' in 2023 May 25th, 2023
- Amari Cooper (core muscle) working with trainers in Browns OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Browns' Deshaun Watson finding 'little noticeable success' in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Jets trading Elijah Moore to Cleveland Browns March 22nd, 2023
- Browns' Nick Chubb (foot) planning to play in Week 17 December 28th, 2022
- Nick Chubb (foot) back at Browns practice Thursday December 22nd, 2022