Darius Slayton sticking with Giants
The New York Giants are re-signing wide receiver Darius Slayton to a two-year contract with a $12 million base and $16.5 million max value.
The Colts bringing back Slayton shortly after signing Parris Campbell to a one-year deal in free agency. Wan'Dale Robinson and Sterling Shepard are both recovering from ACL tears, leaving Isaiah Hodgins as the only other healthy receiver under contract for the Giants. Once Robinson and Shepard are healthy, Slayton will likely be competing with Campbell and Hodgins for a starting job.
Slayton caught 46 passes for 724 yards and 2 touchdowns on 71 targets in 13 games last season. Hed led the Giants in targets per game (5.5) and yards per game (55.7), as well as average depth of target (12.5) and yards per route run (1.99).
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Jamison Crowder joining Giants March 24th, 2023
- Darius Slayton sticking with Giants March 16th, 2023
- Giants reportedly acquire tight end Darren Waller in trade with Raiders March 14th, 2023
- Giants 'will continue to negotiate' with running back Saquon Barkley March 12th, 2023
- Giants use franchise tag on Saquon Barkley March 7th, 2023
- Giants sign Daniel Jones to 4-year, $160 million extension March 7th, 2023