Jamaal Williams becoming member of Saints
The New Orleans Saints are signing running back Jamaal Williams to a three-year, $12 million contract.
Williams led the NFL with 17 rushing touchdowns on the Detroit Lions last season and recorded his first 1,000-yard rushing season. His previous high-water mark was 601 yards in the year prior. Turning 28 in April, Williams will complement Alvin Kamara in the Saints' backfield and likely vulture some short-yardage scores. He carries additional upside because Kamara is facing a potential suspension for an off-field incident in Las Vegas.
Williams rushed 262 times for 1,066 yards and 17 touchdowns for the Lions last season. He had the most carries in the league inside the 10-yard line (46) and the five-yard line (34).
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Saints' Michael Thomas (toe) still recovering March 28th, 2023
- Jamaal Williams becoming member of Saints March 16th, 2023
- Saints bringing Michael Thomas back March 14th, 2023
- Jameis Winston re-signs with Saints on one-year deal March 13th, 2023
- Derek Carr signing 4-year deal with Saints March 6th, 2023
- Saints re-sign wide receiver Keith Kirkwood to 1-year deal February 17th, 2023