Patriots sign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 3-year deal
Former Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster signed a three-year contract with the New England Patriots on Wednesday.
Smith-Schuster signed a three-year deal worth up to $33 million. His arrival comes one day after Jakobi Meyers left New England to join the Las Vegas Raiders on a three-year deal also worth $33 million. Smith-Schuster joins a Patriots offense currently lacking established targets, with Meyers, who led the team in targets (96), receiving yards (804), and touchdown catches (6), now in Las Vegas. The 26-year-old will enter his seventh NFL season in 2023, playing for his third team in as many years after leaving the Steelers in 2021 and winning a Super Bowl with the Kanas City Chiefs last season.
In 16 games played for the Chiefs last season, Smith-Schuster caught 78 of 101 targets for 933 yards and 3 touchdowns. His 101 targets, 78 catches, and 933 yards ranked second on the team behind only Travis Kelce.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Bills ink running back Damien Harris to one-year deal March 20th, 2023
- Mike Gesicki reportedly signs 1-year deal with Patriots on Friday March 17th, 2023
- James Robinson joining Patriots backfield March 16th, 2023
- Patriots sign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 3-year deal March 15th, 2023
- Jakobi Meyers joining Raiders March 14th, 2023
- Patriots send tight end Jonnu Smith to Falcons via trade March 13th, 2023