Lions reportedly sign running back David Montgomery on Tuesday
The Detroit Lions have reportedly signed running back David Montgomery to a three-year contract.
Montgomery will stay within the NFC North after the 25-year old agreed to three-year deal with $11 million guaranteed. In offense ranked 14th in rush percentage last season, expect Montgomery to share carries with D'Andre Swift in a potential committee role.
On 235 total touches in 2022, Montgomery ranked 44th among running backs with a 67.9 Pro Football Focus offensive rating while accounting for 1,117 scrimmage yards, 6 touchdowns, 46 forced missed tackles, and 2.9 yards after contact per rush attempt.
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Trey Lance working with 49ers' first unit in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy (elbow) on track to begin throwing in June May 25th, 2023
- Jonathan Taylor (ankle) sidelined for Colts OTAs, planning for training camp return May 25th, 2023
- Eagles reportedly acquire running back D'Andre Swift in trade with Lions April 29th, 2023
- Jahmyr Gibbs goes twelfth overall to Lions April 27th, 2023
- Lions' Jameson Williams suspended 6 games for gambling April 21st, 2023
- Lions reportedly sign running back David Montgomery on Tuesday March 14th, 2023
- Lions' D'Andre Swift (ankle) upgraded to full practice on Thursday December 8th, 2022
- Lions' D'Andre Swift (ankle) limited on Wednesday December 7th, 2022