Seahawks and quarterback Geno Smith agree to new three-year contract
The Seattle Seahawks and quarterback Geno Smith have agreed to a new three-year contract worth $105 million, Ian Rapoport reports.
Smith was the Comeback Player of the Year in 2022, and has now been rewarded with a new three-year contract worth over $100 million for helping to bring the Seahawks to the playoffs despite extremely low expectations in the preseason. The Seahawks do currently have the fifth overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, and this move should make them a viable trade partner for other teams that are looking for a rookie quarterback.
2022 was Smith's first season as a starter since 2014 with the New York Jets, and he completely exceeded expectations with his opportunity, completing 69.8% of his passes for 4,282 yards, 30 touchdowns, and 11 interceptions. He'll look to build on his impressive first season with the Seahawks in 2023.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Trey Lance working with 49ers' first unit in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Seahawks select Jaxon Smith-Njigba with twentieth pick April 27th, 2023
- Seahawks and quarterback Geno Smith agree to new three-year contract March 6th, 2023
- Seahawks' DeeJay Dallas (ankle, quad) questionable for Wild Card January 12th, 2023
- Kenneth Walker (ankle) not on Seahawks injury report January 12th, 2023
- Seattle's Kenneth Walker (ankle) DNP on Wednesday January 11th, 2023