Aaron Jones restructures 2023 contract with Packers
Green Bay running back Aaron Jones is set to remain with the Packers for the 2023 season after agreeing to a restructured contract.
Jones contract still has to years remaining, but his salary for the upcoming season has been adjusted. Set to earn $16 million, Jones will instead earn $11 million with $8.52 million of that coming as a signing bonus. The deal significantly reduces Jones salary-cap hit, providing the Packers with more flexibility. Jones signed his current deal, a four-year contract worth up to $48 million, in 2021. For the time being, the Packers backfield looks set to remain a committee between Jones and A.J. Dillon.
Jones started all 17 games for Green Bay this season, totaling 213 carries for 1,121 rushing yards and 2 rushing touchdowns, with 59 receptions for 395 receiving yards and 5 receiving touchdowns on 72 targets.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley dealing with high ankle sprain September 21st, 2023
- Graziano: Bears' Roschon Johnson could see role grow after strong Week 2 September 21st, 2023
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (ribs) DNP again on Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Titans' Derrick Henry (toe, rest) DNP on Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Giants' Wan'Dale Robinson (knee) active for Week 3 September 21st, 2023
- Matt Breida set to start Thursday for Giants September 21st, 2023
- Christian Watson (hamstring) resting Thursday for Packers September 21st, 2023
- Aaron Jones (hamstring) returns to Packers practice Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Green Bay's Christian Watson (hamstring) limited on Wednesday September 20th, 2023
- Packers' Aaron Jones (hamstring) absent from Wednesday's practice September 20th, 2023
- Packers rule out Christian Watson (hamstring) for Week 2 September 17th, 2023
- Aaron Jones (hamstring) ruled out for Green Bay in Week 2 September 17th, 2023