Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl
The Kansas City Chiefs have placed wide receiver Mecole Hardman (pelvis) on the injured reserve ahead of their Super Bowl matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Hardman suffered a pelvis injury in Week 9 of the regular season, and while the former second-round pick was able to suit up for a handful of snaps in the team's AFC Championship win over the Cincinnati Bengals, he will unfortunately be forced to sit out the Super Bowl. The fourth-year wideout had been establishing himself as an electric element in the Chiefs' unique offense prior to his injury, and will hopefully return to the team in the offseason.
Hardman caught 25 passes for 297 yards and 4 touchdowns in his 8 games this season, adding 4 rushes for 31 yards and 2 additional scores. The Chiefs found creative ways to utilize Hardman's speed in the red zone, which helped him put up highly efficient touchdown numbers despite his limited overall touches.
- Irv Smith Jr. agreeing on deal with Bengals March 28th, 2023
- Saints' Michael Thomas (toe) still recovering March 28th, 2023
- Panthers' D.J. Chark underwent recent ankle surgery March 28th, 2023
- Broncos 'won't know...for a while' about Javonte Williams' (knee) health March 27th, 2023
- Bills want Josh Allen (elbow) taking fewer hits in 2023 March 27th, 2023
- Ravens' John Harbaugh a 'big believer' in Rashod Bateman (foot) March 27th, 2023
- Patriots sign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 3-year deal March 15th, 2023
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) not listed on Kansas City's Wednesday injury report for Super Bowl LVII February 8th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl injury report February 8th, 2023
- Kansas City's JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) fully participates in Wednesday's practice February 8th, 2023
- Kansas City's Kadarius Toney (ankle/hamstring) saids he is "definitely" playing in Super Bowl February 7th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023