49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy suffered a torn UCL injury in the team's NFC Championship game against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Purdy was unfortunately knocked out of Sunday's game against the Eagles after suffering an elbow injury, and while the surprise breakout rookie did his best to return to the game, he was ultimately only able to play a single snap after the injury. Further testing today revealed that Purdy suffered a UCL injury, and according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the rookie quarterback is now expected to miss sixth months. The 49ers will have many interesting decisions to make regarding their quarterback position this offseason, with this injury only further complicating the matter.
Purdy will finish his rookie season completing 114 passes on 170 attempts for 1,374 yards, 13 passing touchdowns, and 4 interceptions. He helped guide the 49ers to a 5-0 record in the regular season as a starter, and even won a playoff game despite his seventh-round draft capital.
- Austin Hooper, Raiders agree to deal March 24th, 2023
- Jamison Crowder joining Giants March 24th, 2023
- Panthers reportedly add wide receiver D.J. Chark on Friday March 24th, 2023
- Nelson Agholor signing with Ravens for a season March 24th, 2023
- Jets trading Elijah Moore to Cleveland Browns March 22nd, 2023
- Jets hire Mecole Hardman for 2023 March 22nd, 2023
- San Francisco's Brock Purdy (elbow) undergoes surgery on Friday, expected to throw in 3 months March 10th, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months January 30th, 2023
- Update: Josh Johnson (concussion) ruled out for 49ers in NFC Championship Game; Brock Purdy (elbow) remains at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- 49ers' Josh Johnson being evaluated for concussion in NFC Championship Game, Brock Purdy (elbow) back in January 29th, 2023
- Brock Purdy (elbow) questionable to return for 49ers in Championship Game; Josh Johnson in at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (ankle) out for NFC Championship on Sunday January 29th, 2023