Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (abdominal) 'in good place' after week off
Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Mecole Hardman (abdominal) returned to practice this week.
The Chiefs held Hardman out of practice last week, but he's on track to play in Sunday's AFC title game versus the Cincinnati Bengals. It would be his first game since Week 9. “He feels better than he did the last couple of weeks, so that move (to rest him looks) like it worked to this point,” Reid said of Hardman. “We’ll just see how he does every day. He seems to be in a good place.” Hardman will be competing with JuJu Smith-Schuster, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Kadarius Toney, and Justin Watson for targets behind Travis Kelce. Jerick McKinnon could see fewer opportunities if Hardman is active.
The Bengals ranked No. 12 during the regular season in FanDuel points allowed per game to opposing wide receivers. Their pass defense is No. 11 in numberFire's adjusted team rankings.
- Austin Hooper, Raiders agree to deal March 24th, 2023
- Jamison Crowder joining Giants March 24th, 2023
- Panthers reportedly add wide receiver D.J. Chark on Friday March 24th, 2023
- Nelson Agholor signing with Ravens for a season March 24th, 2023
- Jets trading Elijah Moore to Cleveland Browns March 22nd, 2023
- Jets hire Mecole Hardman for 2023 March 22nd, 2023
- Patriots sign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 3-year deal March 15th, 2023
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) not listed on Kansas City's Wednesday injury report for Super Bowl LVII February 8th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl injury report February 8th, 2023
- Kansas City's JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) fully participates in Wednesday's practice February 8th, 2023
- Kansas City's Kadarius Toney (ankle/hamstring) saids he is "definitely" playing in Super Bowl February 7th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023