Mike Williams (back) expected to practice for Chargers this week
Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams' MRI revealed a back contusion, per head coach Brandon Staley.
Williams suffered a minor back injury in the Chargers' regular-season finale, but Staley expects him to practice at some point before Saturday's wild-card game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Prior to exiting in the second quarter on Sunday, Williams caught 4 passes (5 targets) for 32 yards.
Williams caught 63 passes on 93 targets for 895 yards and 4 touchdowns in 13 appearances this season. He led the Chargers in average depth of target (12.1 yards) and air yards per game (88.9). The Jaguars have the seventh-worst pass defense in numberFire's adjusted team metrics, providing a pass-funnel for Justin Herbert and the Chargers.
- Austin Hooper, Raiders agree to deal March 24th, 2023
- Jamison Crowder joining Giants March 24th, 2023
- Panthers reportedly add wide receiver D.J. Chark on Friday March 24th, 2023
- Nelson Agholor signing with Ravens for a season March 24th, 2023
- Jets trading Elijah Moore to Cleveland Browns March 22nd, 2023
- Jets hire Mecole Hardman for 2023 March 22nd, 2023
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler requests permission to seek potential trade March 13th, 2023
- Mike Williams (back) ruled out for Chargers' Wild Card matchup January 13th, 2023
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) questionable for Wild Card January 12th, 2023
- Mike Williams (back) missing from Chargers practice again Wednesday January 11th, 2023
- Mike Williams (back) receiving treatment, day-to-day for Chargers January 10th, 2023
- Mike Williams (back) expected to practice for Chargers this week January 9th, 2023