Commanders place Antonio Gibson (knee, foot) on injured reserve
The Washington Commanders placed Antonio Gibson (knee, foot) on injured reserve.
The Commanders will hold Gibson out for the final game of the season after he was also inactive for Week 17. They added running back Jaret Patterson from the practice squad in a corresponding roster move. Brian Robinson (knee) isn't practicing again on Thursday, so Patterson and Jonathan Williams could wind up splitting backfield duties against the Dallas Cowboys in Week 18.
Gibson averaged 9.5 FanDuel points per game this season and his value steadily declined once Brian Robinson returned from his injury. He will turn 25 this summer and his rookie deal is up after next season, so Gibson will have some additional incentive to perform in 2023.
- Irv Smith Jr. agreeing on deal with Bengals March 28th, 2023
- Saints' Michael Thomas (toe) still recovering March 28th, 2023
- Panthers' D.J. Chark underwent recent ankle surgery March 28th, 2023
- Broncos 'won't know...for a while' about Javonte Williams' (knee) health March 27th, 2023
- Bills want Josh Allen (elbow) taking fewer hits in 2023 March 27th, 2023
- Ravens' John Harbaugh a 'big believer' in Rashod Bateman (foot) March 27th, 2023
- Jacoby Brissett signing with Commanders for 2023 March 15th, 2023
- Sam Howell in lead for Commanders starting job February 28th, 2023
- Commanders release quarterback Carson Wentz February 27th, 2023
- Washington's Brian Robinson (knee) ruled out in Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Brian Robinson (knee) remains out at Washington practice January 5th, 2023
- Commanders place Antonio Gibson (knee, foot) on injured reserve January 5th, 2023