Browns release Brian Hartline
Wide receiver Brian Hartline has been released by the Cleveland Browns.
It's a surprise in that the Browns have zero receiver depth and Hartline was easily their best holdover, but entirely unsurprising in the context of their commitment to tanking the 2016 season. The Browns are playing for the future, and 29-year-old Hartline wasn't going to be a part of it. New coach Hue Jackson now has even more snaps to divvy up amongst his four rookie wideouts. Hartline should draw plenty of interest as a third or fourth option at receiver that can help move the chains.
Hartline played in 12 games for the Browns in 2015, bringing in 46 catches (77 targets) for 523 yards and two touchdowns. Among the 79 receivers who had at least 75 targets last season, Hartline ranked 43rd in the league with 0.67 Reception Net Expected Points per target.
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Titans' Ryan Tannehill throws 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship loss to Kansas City January 19th, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham under arrest for touching officer January 16th, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (illness) active for Week 17 game against Bengals December 29th, 2019
- Browns' Odell Beckham Jr. (illness) questionable for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Browns place Dontrell Hilliard (knee) on injured reserve December 24th, 2019
- Jarvis Landry catches 7 for 74 in Browns' loss December 23rd, 2019