Rafael Bush has the edge on Lions' starting safety job
Detroit Lions safety Rafael Bush is believed to have a "leg up" in the competition at strong safety.
Glover Quin is locked in as the playmaker at free safety. After losing Isa Adbul-Quddus to the Miami Dolphins, the Lions signed Bush and Tavon Wilson before drafting Miles Killebrew in the fourth round. Bush played just 21 snaps last season before tearing his pec. In 2014, he started seven games for the Saints.
The Lions' defense had a huge production downturn in 2015, ranking 26th in Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points (NEP) per play, 25th in Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play and 22nd in Adjusted Rushing NEP per play.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Bills sign safety Micah Hyde to 2-year contract extension March 5th, 2021
- Cole Beasley (knee) not listed on Buffalo's AFC Championship injury report January 22nd, 2021
- Stefon Diggs managing oblique injury at Bills practice January 21st, 2021
- Cole Beasley not on Bills injury report for AFC title January 21st, 2021
- Bills' Gabriel Davis (ankle) not practicing Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Buffalo's Cole Beasley (knee) limited on Tuesday January 12th, 2021