Dallas Goedert returning for Eagles against Dallas
The Philadelphia Eagles activated tight end Dallas Goedert to the 53-man roster on Tuesday.
Goedert is expected to play Week 16 versus the Dallas Cowboys after missing five games with a shoulder injury. Gardner Minshew is expected to start for the Eagles in place of Jalen Hurts (shoulder), but that isn't necessarily a downgrade for Goedert. Last year in a late-season game with Minshew under center, Goedert caught 6 passes on 6 targets for 105 yards and 2 touchdowns.
Goedert is the TE8 in numberFire's Week 16 rankings and our models project him for 5.7 targets, 3.9 receptions, and 41.8 yards. The Cowboys are allowing the third-fewest FanDuel points per game to the tight end position this season and their pass defense is fifth-best in our adjusted metrics, so Goedert will have a tougher matchup than normal in his first game back.
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Trey Lance working with 49ers' first unit in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy (elbow) on track to begin throwing in June May 25th, 2023
- Jonathan Taylor (ankle) sidelined for Colts OTAs, planning for training camp return May 25th, 2023
- Eagles reportedly acquire running back D'Andre Swift in trade with Lions April 29th, 2023
- Eagles' Jalen Hurts signs largest contract ever April 17th, 2023
- Eagles reportedly sign running back Rashaad Penny on Tuesday March 14th, 2023
- Jalen Hurts (shoulder) not listed on Eagles' Tuesday injury report January 17th, 2023
- Jalen Hurts (shoulder) will start for Eagles in Week 18 January 8th, 2023
- Garafolo: Philadelphia's Jalen Hurts (shoulder) expected to play in Week 18 January 7th, 2023