Mike Williams (ankle) making progress for Chargers
Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams (ankle) is progressing, per head coach Brandon Staley.
Williams originally injured his ankle in Week 7 and then aggravated the issue in Week 11 after only six snaps. Staley said the Chargers will try to get Williams on the field this week, but he remains day-to-day. Josh Palmer and DeAndre Carter will see more opportunities again in Week 13 versus the Las Vegas Raiders if Williams is sidelined.
Austin Ekeler led the Chargers last week with 15 targets (31.2%) and Carter was second at 10 targets (20.8%). Palmer and Keenan Allen both tied at seven targets each (14.6%) while Gerald Everett checked in with five (10.4%). Carter had the second-most targets despite running fewer routes (44) than Palmer (53) and Allen (49). They all have an attractive matchup in Week 13 versus a Raiders team that has the worst pass defense in the NFL, according to our advanced metrics.
- 49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months January 30th, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) questionable to return for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) won't play for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Update: Josh Johnson (concussion) ruled out for 49ers in NFC Championship Game; Brock Purdy (elbow) remains at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) will play in AFC Championship Game for Kansas City January 29th, 2023
- Travis Kelce (back) active for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Mike Williams (back) ruled out for Chargers' Wild Card matchup January 13th, 2023
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) questionable for Wild Card January 12th, 2023
- Mike Williams (back) missing from Chargers practice again Wednesday January 11th, 2023
- Mike Williams (back) receiving treatment, day-to-day for Chargers January 10th, 2023
- Mike Williams (back) expected to practice for Chargers this week January 9th, 2023
- Chargers' Mike Williams (back) undergoing further evaluation January 9th, 2023