49ers' Elijah Mitchell (knee) to miss 6-8 weeks
San Francisco 49ers running back Elijah Mitchell suffered an MCL injury in the team's Week 12 win over the New Orleans Saints and is expected to miss 6-8 weeks.
Mitchell suffered his second MCL sprain of the season in Sunday's win over the Saints, and is now expected to miss another 6-8 weeks. The second-year back has had unfortunate injury luck since entering the league, but did show that he can run with the best of them when he played alongside Christian McCaffrey in recent games.
Mitchell has averaged a top-notch 5.6 yards per carry so far this season, but it looks like he could be sidelined up until the NFL playoffs. His absence could skew even more touches to McCaffrey, though the 49ers have previously mentioned their intent not to overwork the former Panther.
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months January 30th, 2023
- Update: Josh Johnson (concussion) ruled out for 49ers in NFC Championship Game; Brock Purdy (elbow) remains at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- 49ers' Josh Johnson being evaluated for concussion in NFC Championship Game, Brock Purdy (elbow) back in January 29th, 2023
- Brock Purdy (elbow) questionable to return for 49ers in Championship Game; Josh Johnson in at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (ankle) out for NFC Championship on Sunday January 29th, 2023
- 49ers promote Tevin Coleman to active roster on Saturday January 28th, 2023