Pederson: Jags' Travis Etienne (foot) could have returned in Week 12
Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Doug Pederson said after Sunday's Week 12 win over the Baltimore Ravens that running back Travis Etienne (foot) was cleared by the team's medical staff to return to the game.
It's good news for Etienne after the explosive young back logged just 2 touches in the team's exciting win over Baltimore. Etienne missed his entire rookie season with a foot injury, so it sounds like the team kept him from returning to Sunday's game out of an abundance of caution. We'll need to monitor the injury reports this week for an update on his status, but it seems like Etienne could return for Week 13.
Etienne only managed to log 2 carries before injuring his foot in Week 12, but has been one of the breakout running backs of the season up until this point. He has averaged 19.3 carries for 106 yards and 1 touchdown per game (as well as 2 catches for 14 yards per game) since the team traded James Robinson to the New York Jets after Week 6. It's possible the team scales his workload back once they work Darrell Henderson into the picture, but he should still be among the top backs for fantasy as the season nears its end.
- 49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months January 30th, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) questionable to return for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) won't play for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Update: Josh Johnson (concussion) ruled out for 49ers in NFC Championship Game; Brock Purdy (elbow) remains at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) will play in AFC Championship Game for Kansas City January 29th, 2023
- Travis Kelce (back) active for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Trevor Lawrence (toe) will play in Jacksonville's Week 18 matchup January 7th, 2023
- Trevor Lawrence (toe) questionable for Jaguars Saturday night January 5th, 2023
- Jaguars' Trevor Lawrence (toe) limited on Wednesday January 4th, 2023
- Jags pull Trevor Lawrence in third quarter of Week 17 blowout; C.J. Beathard in January 1st, 2023
- Trevor Lawrence (toe) active again for Jaguars in Week 17 January 1st, 2023
- Jags' Trevor Lawrence (toe) expected to play in Week 17 January 1st, 2023