Broncos' Chase Edmonds dealing with high ankle sprain
Denver Broncos running back Chase Edmonds reportedly suffered a high ankle sprain in Sunday's Week 11 loss to the Las Vegas Raiders.
Edmonds handled two carries in the first quarter in Week 11 before suffering his injury, and was unable to return to the contest. The NFL's Tom Pelissero reports that the journeyman back suffered a high ankle sprain, meaning he is now in jeopardy of missing several weeks. The team also waived veteran back Melvin Gordon earlier today, meaning Latavius Murray could become a workhorse back as soon as Week 12.
Murray drew a team-high 17 carries Sunday, but only took them for 49 yards against the Raiders' struggling defense. On the bright side, he did manage to find the end zone, and caught all four of his targets for 23 more yards. The Broncos' offense has been dysfunctional all season, but Murray should be projected for a high volume of touches going forward without Gordon and Edmonds.
- Kansas City's Kadarius Toney (ankle/hamstring) saids he is "definitely" playing in Super Bowl February 7th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) officially activated off injured reserve February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- Jerry Jeudy (ankle) active in Week 17 for Broncos January 1st, 2023
- Denver's Greg Dulcich (hamstring) placed on injured reserve, out for remainder of 2022 season December 30th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (ankle) questionable for Week 17 December 30th, 2022
- Denver's Greg Dulcich (hamstring) DNP on Thursday December 29th, 2022
- Latavius Murray (foot) active for Broncos in Week 16 December 25th, 2022
- Courtland Sutton (hamstring) active for Broncos in Week 16 December 25th, 2022