Sam Darnold to be Panthers' backup QB Week 11
Carolina Panthers quarterback Sam Darnold will back up Baker Mayfield in Week 11 against the Baltimore Ravens.
Darnold will be active for the first time this season after recovering from a high-ankle sprain he suffered in the Panthers' final preseason game. He could wind up quickly taking over as the starter if Mayfield struggles as much as he did in the first month of the season. P.J. Walker, who started the past five games, is out for at least a week with a high-ankle sprain of his own.
Among the 44 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs last season, Darnold ranked 38th (negative-0.10) in Passing Net Expected Points per attempt. For reference, Mayfield is sixth-worst in 2022 (negative-0.07) out of 35 qualified throwers.
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) officially activated off injured reserve February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Panthers' D'Onta Foreman ejected in Week 18 January 8th, 2023
- Panthers' D'Onta Foreman (knee) active for Week 18 January 8th, 2023
- Panthers list D'Onta Foreman (knee) as questionable in Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Sam Darnold set to start again for Panthers in Week 16 December 19th, 2022
- D.J. Moore (ankle) officially active for Panthers in Week 15 December 18th, 2022
- D.J. Moore (ankle) expected to play for Panthers in Week 15 December 18th, 2022