Vikings' T.J. Hockenson to 'play a lot' in Week 9
The NFL's Tom Pelissero reports that new Minnesota Vikings tight end T.J. Hockenson will "play a lot" in his first game with the team in Week 9 against the Washington Commanders.
According to Pelissero, Hockenson began working with the team almost immediately after his trade from the Detroit Lions, and will be in "most packages" as the Vikings take on the Commanders. The former first-round pick could find himself with more work in the passing game in Minnesota, who have one of the most condensed playmaking groups in the league.
The Commanders held Hockenson to 3 catches for 26 yards on 7 targets when he faced the team back in Week 2 with the Lions, but could see more efficient targets this week with Kirk Cousins throwing him the ball. We currently have him projected for 6.3 fantasy points, and FanDuel has set his salary at $6,300.
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (abdominal) 'in good place' after week off January 26th, 2023
- Christian McCaffrey (ankle) not practicing for 49ers, will play January 26th, 2023
- Patrick Mahomes (ankle) logs full practice for Chiefs January 25th, 2023
- Patrick Mahomes (ankle) expected to do 'everything' at Chiefs practice Wednesday January 25th, 2023
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard (fibula/ankle) to recover 'well before' training camp January 24th, 2023
- San Francisco's Christian McCaffrey dealing with calf issue January 23rd, 2023
- Vikings plan to activate Irv Smith (ankle) off injured reserve January 6th, 2023
- Minnesota's Justin Jefferson (toe) available for Week 11's matchup versus Dallas November 18th, 2022
- Minnesota's Justin Jefferson (toe) limited again on Thursday November 17th, 2022
- Justin Jefferson (toe) limited in Minnesota's Wednesday practice November 16th, 2022
- Vikings' T.J. Hockenson to 'play a lot' in Week 9 November 6th, 2022
- Vikings' Irv Smith Jr. (ankle) expected to miss 8-10 weeks November 1st, 2022