Rams claim Cam Akers (personal) wants to be part of team
Los Angeles Rams running back Cam Akers (personal) told head coach Sean McVay that he would like to be part of the team moving forward.
The Rams reportedly "turned down multiple offers" for Akers at the trade deadline. He will not practice on Wednesday, but Akers and the Rams are apparently working to get him back on the field. It seems unlikely that Akers will be available for Week 9 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, but who knows at this point. Ronnie Rivers started ahead of Darrell Henderson and Malcolm Brown last week, but he only gained 36 yards on 12 touches.
numberFire's models currently project Henderson to lead the Rams with 12.0 touches in Week 9. Rivers is second with 8.5 and Brown is next at 6.4 touches. Per our advanced team metrics, the Rams have the No. 20 rushing attack in the league and the Bucs have the No. 16 run defense.
- Justin Watson (illness) listed as questionable on Kansas City's AFC Championship injury report January 27th, 2023
- Kansas City's Mecole Hardman (pelvis) questionable for Sunday's Conference Championship January 27th, 2023
- Travis Kelce (back) questionable for Kansas City's AFC Championship matchup January 27th, 2023
- San Francisco's Elijah Mitchell (ankle) questionable for Sunday's NFC Championship contest January 27th, 2023
- Reid: Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes (ankle) will start in Sunday's Conference Championship January 27th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (abdominal) 'in good place' after week off January 26th, 2023
- Tyler Higbee (elbow) expected to play in Rams' Week 17 matchup December 31st, 2022
- Ben Skowronek (calf) out for remainder of Rams' 2022 season December 20th, 2022
- Schefter: Rams expected to start Baker Mayfield in Week 15 December 13th, 2022
- John Wolford (neck) officially starting for Rams in Week 14; Baker Mayfield expected to see time December 8th, 2022
- John Wolford (neck) in line to start Thursday for Rams December 8th, 2022
- Rams' Brandon Powell (illness) active Thursday for Week 14 December 8th, 2022