Chase Edmonds seen as Broncos' third-down back
The Denver Broncos view newly-acquired running back Chase Edmonds as more of a third-down back, according to general manager George Paton.
Paton says Edmonds will be on the field for third-downs and two-minute drills while Melvin Gordon and Latavius Murray will share the work on early downs. Gordon and Murray have both underwhelmed for the Broncos this season, so Edmonds should have an opportunity to earn a larger role if he plays well. The Broncos are on bye this week and will face the Tennessee Titans in Week 10.
numberFire's models project Edmonds to average 3.8 carries and 1.2 receptions per game over the rest of the season. Among the 50 running backs with at least 40 carries this season, Edmonds is 49th and Gordon is 50th in Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt.
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- Jerry Jeudy (ankle) active in Week 17 for Broncos January 1st, 2023
- Denver's Greg Dulcich (hamstring) placed on injured reserve, out for remainder of 2022 season December 30th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (ankle) questionable for Week 17 December 30th, 2022
- Denver's Greg Dulcich (hamstring) DNP on Thursday December 29th, 2022
- Latavius Murray (foot) active for Broncos in Week 16 December 25th, 2022
- Courtland Sutton (hamstring) active for Broncos in Week 16 December 25th, 2022