Broncos add Chase Edmonds to backfield in trade with Dolphins
The Miami Dolphins traded running back Chase Edmonds, a 2023 first-round pick, and a 2024 fourth-round pick (via the San Francisco 49ers) to the Denver Broncos for pass rusher Bradley Chubb and a 2025 fifth-round pick.
Edmonds fell out of favor in Miami, but he figures to compete with Melvin Gordon and Latavius Murray for the lead job in the Broncos' backfield committee. The 26-year-old only ran the ball 30 times in the last seven games after a 12-carry opener. The Dolphins acquired Jeff Wilson from the San Francisco 49ers in a separate transaction.
Edmonds was a backup on a Dolphins team that runs the ball at the seventh-lowest rate in the league (36.7%), but he will now have an opportunity to play a larger role in an offense that is 15th in run rate (41.5%). However, that doesn't mean Edmonds will be able to take advantage of the situation, as he ranks second-worst in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry among all backs with 40 attempts this season. The only qualifying back behind Edmonds is Gordon.
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) officially activated off injured reserve February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Jerry Jeudy (ankle) active in Week 17 for Broncos January 1st, 2023
- Denver's Greg Dulcich (hamstring) placed on injured reserve, out for remainder of 2022 season December 30th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (ankle) questionable for Week 17 December 30th, 2022
- Denver's Greg Dulcich (hamstring) DNP on Thursday December 29th, 2022
- Latavius Murray (foot) active for Broncos in Week 16 December 25th, 2022
- Courtland Sutton (hamstring) active for Broncos in Week 16 December 25th, 2022