Irv Smith Jr. (ankle) 'week-to-week' for Vikings
Minnesota Vikings tight end Irv Smith Jr. (ankle) is considered week-to-week, per head coach Kevin O'Connell.
O'Connell said it's a "week-to-week type scenario," which confirms initial expectations after Smith injured his ankle on Sunday. Johnny Mundt will likely take over as the Vikings' starting tight end while Smith is sidelined. He hauled in his only target for a one-yard touchdown in Sunday's win. Jacob Hollister could also play a larger role while Smith is sidelined.
Prior to leaving early, Smith caught 4 passes on 4 targets for 28 yards. He played 50-65% of the offensive snaps in Weeks 2-6 and averaged 5.4 targets per game in that stretch (14.5% target share). Mundt has 12 catches on 14 targets for 76 yards and a touchdown this season.
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months January 30th, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) questionable to return for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) won't play for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Update: Josh Johnson (concussion) ruled out for 49ers in NFC Championship Game; Brock Purdy (elbow) remains at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) will play in AFC Championship Game for Kansas City January 29th, 2023
- Vikings plan to activate Irv Smith (ankle) off injured reserve January 6th, 2023
- Minnesota's Justin Jefferson (toe) available for Week 11's matchup versus Dallas November 18th, 2022
- Minnesota's Justin Jefferson (toe) limited again on Thursday November 17th, 2022
- Justin Jefferson (toe) limited in Minnesota's Wednesday practice November 16th, 2022
- Vikings' T.J. Hockenson to 'play a lot' in Week 9 November 6th, 2022
- Vikings' Irv Smith Jr. (ankle) expected to miss 8-10 weeks November 1st, 2022