Dwight Lowery and Jahleel Addae penciled in as Chargers' starting safeties
San Diego Chargers safeties Jahleel Addae and Dwight Lowery would be the team's starters if the season began today, ESPN reporter Eric Williams believes.
Addae would be the strong safety in that scenario with Lowery at free safety, though those roles are mostly interchangeable in defensive coordinator John Pagano's scheme. Dexter McCoil, Adrian Phillips and Darrell Stuckey will challenge for backup roles. Lowery has particularly big shoes to fill at free safety. He'll be tasked with replacing perennial Pro Bowler Eric Weddle.
In 2015, San Diego ranked 29th in Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play.
- Bears' Nick Foles throws 3 touchdowns in Week 3's comeback victory over Falcons September 28th, 2020
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott accounts for 3 touchdowns and 3 turnovers in Week 3 loss to Seattle September 27th, 2020
- Lions' Kenny Golladay records 57 yards and a score in 2020 season debut September 27th, 2020
- Cowboys' Cedrick Wilson surprises with 107 yards and 2 touchdowns in Week 3 loss to Seahawks September 27th, 2020
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson continues to cook, tosses 5 touchdowns in Week 3 victory over Cowboys September 27th, 2020
- Seahawks' Tyler Lockett embarrasses Dallas with 100 yards and 3 touchdowns in Week 3 September 27th, 2020
- Chargers' Mike Williams injures hamstring in Week 3 loss to Carolina September 27th, 2020
- Chargers' Melvin Ingram (knee) placed on injured list September 26th, 2020
- Chargers' Tyrod Taylor (lung) officially ruled out for Week 3's game against Carolina September 25th, 2020
- Chargers' Justin Jackson (quad) doubtful for Week 3's game against Panthers September 25th, 2020
- Rapoport: Justin Herbert likely to start Week 3 for Chargers September 23rd, 2020
- Chargers claim Tyrod Taylor (ribs) is still preferred option September 21st, 2020