Update: Cardinals' Marquise Brown (foot) avoids season-ending injury
MRI testing revealed that Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Marquise Brown avoided suffering a season-ending foot injury in the team's Week 6 loss to the Seattle Seahawks, Ian Rapoport reports.
Brown was initially believed to have suffered a season-ending injury, but Rapoport reported that MRI testing revealed that the talented young receiver appears to have avoided that kind of injury. Rapoport added that Brown will receive a second opinion on his injured foot from Dr. Robert Anderson, and is now expected to miss about six weeks. He is still likely headed for the Injured Reserve.
Brown will still miss a chunk of time this season with his injury, but will be worth hanging onto in season-long leagues where possible (particularly in those that have IR spots). The former first-round pick has averaged 7.2 catches and 80.8 yards per game so far this season, and has accounted for 50% of the team's total receiving touchdowns through the first six weeks of the season.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Trey Lance working with 49ers' first unit in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Tyler O'Neill batting seventh for Cardinals Monday April 3rd, 2023
- Robbie Anderson (back) ruled out for Cardinals' finale January 6th, 2023
- Arizona's James Conner (shin/knee) out in Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Cardinals' James Conner (knee, shin) DNP again on Thursday January 5th, 2023
- Cardinals' James Conner (knee, shin) DNP on Wednesday January 4th, 2023