Latavius Murray likely inactive for Broncos Thursday night
Denver Broncos new running back Latavius Murray is expected to be inactive on Thursday night against the Indianapolis Colts, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Murray was just signed off the Saints' practice squad after Javonte Williams tore his ACL, but he's not expected to make his Broncos debut until Week 6 against the Los Angeles Chargers. Melvin Gordon is expected to operate as a "bell cow" back on Thursday night, per Rapoport's colleague James Palmer. Mike Boone will work in a change-of-pace capacity and the Broncos also called up Devine Ozigbo from the practice squad for additional depth.
The Colts have the No. 4 run defense and No. 24 pass defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings, so the Broncos may try to let Russell Wilson cook a little more on Thursday night. Our models project Gordon for 17.2 carries and Boone for 7.6 totes, compared to 32.6 pass attempts for Russ.
- Josh Jacobs (calf) questionable for Raiders' Week 12 matchup November 25th, 2022
- Russell Gage (hamstring) remains out for Buccaneers in Week 12 November 25th, 2022
- San Francisco's Deebo Samuel (hamstring) questionable in Week 12 November 25th, 2022
- Gerald Everett (groin) not listed on Chargers' Week 12 injuy report November 25th, 2022
- Arizona's Rondale Moore (groin) out in Week 12 November 25th, 2022
- Mike Williams (ankle) out for Chargers' Week 12 matchup November 25th, 2022
- Denver's Jerry Jeudy (ankle) out in Week 12 November 25th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (ankle) DNP on Wednesday November 23rd, 2022
- Broncos place Chase Edmonds (ankle) on injured reserve November 22nd, 2022
- Jerry Jeudy (ankle) remains day-to-day for Denver November 22nd, 2022
- Broncos' Chase Edmonds dealing with high ankle sprain November 21st, 2022
- Broncos waive running back Melvin Gordon after Week 11 November 21st, 2022