Brian Hoyer (concussion) still not practicing for Patriots
New England Patriots quarterback Brian Hoyer (concussion) did not practice again on Thursday.
Hoyer started last week in place of Mac Jones (ankle) and was then knocked out with a concussion. It doesn't look like Hoyer will clear protocol in time, but Jones returned to practice and is trending toward playing in Sunday's Week 5 game against the Detroit Lions. Rookie Bailey Zappe will make his first career start if Jones and Hoyer both wind up being inactive.
The Lions have the fourth-worst pass defense and second-worst overall defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings. They are also allowing the most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position through four weeks, but Jones is only averaging 14.0 FanDuel points per contest and he's 21st out of 30 qualified quarterbacks in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back.
- Kansas City's Kadarius Toney (ankle/hamstring) saids he is "definitely" playing in Super Bowl February 7th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) officially activated off injured reserve February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- Jakobi Meyers (shoulder) available for Patriots in Week 18 January 8th, 2023
- New England's Jonnu Smith (concussion) ruled out in Week 18 January 7th, 2023
- Jonnu Smith (concussion) questionable for New England in Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Patriots' Jakobi Meyers (shoulder) questionable for Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- DeVante Parker (concussion) not listed on New England's Week 18 injury report January 6th, 2023
- Jonnu Smith (concussion) back at Patriots practice Thursday January 5th, 2023