George Pickens shining at Steelers camp
Pittsburgh Steelers second-round rookie wide receiver George Pickens has been a "star" throughout training camp, according to Mark Kaboly of The Athletic.
Pickens was limited to just 24 games in college, but he he has an elite 97th-percentile breakout age of 18.5, according to PlayerProfiler. The No. 52 overall pick from this year's draft, Pickens is expected to immediately step in as the Steelers' third wide receiver behind Diontae Johnson and Chase Claypool, but Kaboly indicates that the rookie might even be able to usurp Claypool for the second spot behind Johnson. The primary competition behind Pickens is fourth-round pick Calvin Austin, Miles Boykin and Anthony Miller.
Pickens is currently the WR77 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 70.0 targets, 43.0 receptions, 511.5 yards, and 2.59 touchdowns.
- KJ Hamler (knee, hip, groin) active for Broncos in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Jerry Jeudy (rib, shoulder) active in Week 3 for Denver September 25th, 2022
- Patriots' Mac Jones (ankle) to undergo MRI on Monday September 25th, 2022
- A.J. Green (knee) won't return for Cardinals in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- O'Connell: Dalvin Cook (shoulder) day-to-day for Vikings September 25th, 2022
- Travis Homer (rib) won't return for Seahawks in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Steelers' Chase Claypool hoping for more 'down the field' plays going forward September 19th, 2022
- Najee Harris (foot) not listed on Pittsburgh's Week 2 injury report September 16th, 2022
- Steelers' Najee Harris (foot) upgraded to full on Thursday September 15th, 2022
- Pittsburgh' Najee Harris (foot) limited during Wednesday's practice September 14th, 2022
- Pittsburgh's Najee Harris (foot) expects to play in Week 2 September 13th, 2022
- Steelers' Najee Harris (foot) "should be good to go" for Week 2 September 12th, 2022