Cardinals: Zach Ertz progressing with calf injury
Arizona Cardinals tight end Zach Ertz is making progress with his calf injury, per head coach Kliff Kingsbury.
Ertz exited practice on August 4 and has been sidelined since. He will not be available for Friday's preseason game against the Cincinnati Bengals, but there doesn't seem to be any concern about Ertz's availability for Week 1 versus the Kansas City Chiefs. Ertz will get a boost for the first third of the season while DeAndre Hopkins serves a six-game suspension for violating the league's PED policy. In seven games without Hopkins in 2021, Ertz had 43 catches for 414 yards and a pair of touchdowns. He drew at least nine targets in each of the final five contests sans Hopkins.
numberFire's models project Ertz for the second-most targets (92.5) on the Cardinals this season, with 59.4 receptions for 594.3 yards and 3.78 touchdowns. He is the TE12 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Rapoport: Dalton Schultz (knee) expects to play in Cowboys' Week 4 matchup versus Washington October 1st, 2022
- Sants promote Latavius Murray to active roster on Saturday October 1st, 2022
- Fowler: Kansas City's Marquez Valdes-Scantling (abdomen) plans to play in Week 4 October 1st, 2022
- Cole Beasley elevated to Tampa Bay's active roster on Saturday October 1st, 2022
- Jameis Winston (back) ruled out for Saints in Week 4 October 1st, 2022
- New England's Jakobi Meyers (knee) ruled out in Week 4 October 1st, 2022
- Fowler: Arizona's Rondale Moore (hamstring) expects to play in Week 4 October 1st, 2022
- Cardinals list Marquise Brown (foot) as questionable for Week 4's matchup versus Carolina September 30th, 2022
- A.J. Green (knee) out for Cardinals in Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Cardinals' Rondale Moore (hamstring) could make season debut Sunday September 30th, 2022
- James Conner (knee) good to go for Cardinals in Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Cardinals' James Conner (knee) limited again on Thursday September 29th, 2022