Raiders claim Josh Jacobs not on trade block
Las Vegas Raiders running back Josh Jacobs is not being shopped around, according to head coach Josh McDaniels.
Jacobs rushed five times for 30 yards and caught two passes for 14 yards in last week's preseason opener while other notable starters (Derek Carr, Davante Adams, and Darren Waller) didn't see the field at all. McDaniels has since downplayed Jacobs' usage multiple times and insisted that the running back remains part of the Raiders' plans for this season. However, the new regime declined Jacobs' fifth-year option for 2023 and then brought in four new backs via free agency and the draft, so the former first-rounder may have a tough time averaging 18.1 touches per game like he did last season. Kenyan Drake and fourth-round rookie Zamir White are expected to be the primary threats to Jacobs' workload in the Raiders' backfield.
numberFire's models still expect Jacobs to handle most of the Raiders' backfield work this season, as he is projected for 269.5 carries, 1,139.8 rushing yards, and 8.53 touchdowns, with 24.5 catches (33.4 targets) for 169.3 yards and 1.28 touchdowns. Jacobs is currently the RB19 in our preseason rankings. Drake (RB50) is projected for 103.0 rush attempts and 12.9 receptions.
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months January 30th, 2023
- Schefter: Josh Jacobs (hip/oblique) active for Raiders' Week 18 matchup versus Kansas City January 7th, 2023
- Josh Jacobs (hip, oblique) questionable for Raiders Week 18 January 5th, 2023
- Update: Josh Jacobs (hip) back on the field for Las Vegas in Week 17 January 1st, 2023
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (hip) probable to return in Week 17 January 1st, 2023
- Jarrett Stidham starting for Raiders in Week 17 December 28th, 2022
- Raiders benching Derek Carr, Jarrett Stidham to start Week 17 December 28th, 2022