Patriots' Mac Jones feeling confident heading into training camp
New England Patriots quarterback Mac Jones is feeling confident after working on his diet during the offseason.
Jones said he made "significant strides" in his diet this offseason, stating, "I think it's important to assess everything and that was one of the things I wanted to improve." He added It all goes back into just trying to be a better player and person, that was my goal this offseason. I feel better, I feel confident, and that's what's important. I'm just gonna try and go in there and do my thing and lead everybody and help us come together as a unit." After spending his rookie training camp in a quarterback competition with Cam Newton, Jones will enter this offseason as New England's starter from Day 1. In his rookie season, Jones earned Pro Football Focus' eleventh highest quarterback grade (80.4), eighteen spots above the next highest graded rookie signal caller, the Chicago Bear's Justin Fields (64.2).
Jones is the QB24 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him to complete 365.6 passes on 554.2 attempts for 3,928.8 yards, 25.21 touchdowns, and 12.58 interceptions.
- Saints "don't think" Jameis Winston (back) will miss Week 4 September 28th, 2022
- McDaniel: Miami's Tua Tagovailoa (back/ankle) questionable in Week 4 September 27th, 2022
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (thumb) targeting return in Week 5 September 27th, 2022
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) expected to practice with Chargers before Week 4's matchup September 27th, 2022
- New York's Sterling Shepard (knee) diagnosed with torn ACL September 27th, 2022
- Kadarius Toney (hamstring) ruled out for Giants in Week 3 September 26th, 2022
- Patriots' Mac Jones dealing with 'pretty severe' ankle sprain September 26th, 2022
- Patriots' Mac Jones (ankle) to undergo MRI on Monday September 25th, 2022
- Jakobi Meyers (knee) will not play in Pats' Week 3 game September 25th, 2022
- Patriots' Jakobi Meyers (knee) not expected to play in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Jakobi Meyers (knee) questionable for Patriots in Week 3 September 23rd, 2022
- Patriots' Jakobi Meyers (knee) DNP again on Thursday September 22nd, 2022