Rashaad Penny is 'going to be the starter' for Seattle 'if he stays healthy'
The Seattle Times' Bob Condotta wrote that running back Rashaad Penny is "...going to be the starter and the primary back" if he can stay healthy this season.
Talent has never been the question for Penny, whose final collegiate season with San Diego State earned him first round NFL Draft capital several seasons ago. We finally saw an extended look at Penny in the final few weeks of the 2021 season, and according to reports out of Seahawks camp it would seem that he'll have every chance to reclaim that lead back role entering the 2022 season. 2022 second-round pick Ken Walker is expected to get "most of the rest" of the touches behind Penny to start the season.
Condotta said a "realistic projection" for Penny would be close to 20 touches per game this season; while he may struggle to see that much volume in what projects to be one of the league's worst offenses, Condotta's estimate does illustrate how far ahead of his teammates Penny seems to be. He is currently numberFire's RB34 heading into the season, but would get a solid bump if he keeps Walker at bay.
- Jaguars' Zay Jones (ankle) questionable for Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Broncos' Melvin Gordon (neck) available for Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson (foot) available for Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Jakobi Meyers (knee) questionable for Patriots' Week 4 matchup versus Packers September 30th, 2022
- Hunter Renfrow (concussion) remains out for Raiders in Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Detroit's D'Andre Swift (ankle/shoulder) ruled out in Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Travis Homer (rib) won't return for Seahawks in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Seahawks' Geno Smith to see more opportunities moving forward September 20th, 2022
- Ken Walker (hernia) not listed on final Week 2 injury report for Seahawks September 16th, 2022
- Seattle's Kenneth Walker (hernia) participates in Wednesday's practice September 14th, 2022
- Carroll: Seattle's Ken Walker (hernia) will return in Week 2 September 13th, 2022
- Seahawks' Kenneth Walker III (hernia) out for Week 1 September 12th, 2022