Jets take quarterback Christian Hackenberg 51st overall
The New York Jets selected former Penn State signal caller Christian Hackenberg with the No. 51 overall pick of the 2016 NFL draft.
Man, the Jets' quarterback room is getting weird and full with Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, Hackenberg and (probably) Ryan Fitzpatrick. A former top recruit, Hackenberg excelled as a freshman with Bill O'Brien calling plays, but he regressed over his final two season. At 6-foot-4, 223 pounds, he has ideal size and arm strength, but his play was shaky, at best, this past season.
If the Jets keep taking quarterbacks, they'll eventually hit on one. They are unlikely to rush Hackenberg onto the field, even if Fitzpatrick doesn't want to return as a placeholder. Outside of Denver, Fitzpatrick doesn't have a ton of options in terms of places he could go and have the job all to himself. Fitzpatrick played well under center as the starter for the Jets in 2015. Among passers with at least 100 drop backs, he ranked 13th in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back.
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Jets will 'listen' to Le'Veon Bell trade offers December 31st, 2019
- Jets' Quincy Enunwa diagnosed with spinal stenosis December 30th, 2019
- Le'Veon Bell's future with Jets uncertain December 30th, 2019
- Jets' Robby Anderson (calf) active for Week 17 December 29th, 2019
- Jets' Robby Anderson (calf) estimated limited participant on Wednesday December 25th, 2019
- Robby Anderson (illness) questionable for Jets in Week 16 December 20th, 2019