Cowboys struggling with Ezekiel Elliott decision
The Dallas Cowboys are "struggling" with whether to draft Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott at fourth overall, a source with knowledge of the Cowboys' draft deliberations told Pro Football Talk.
It's believed owner Jerry Jones is the driving force for Dallas to draft Zeke. As Mike Florio puts it, Ol' Jer "has a much stronger 'win now' vibe than others in the organization," like vice president Stephen Jones and personnel man Will McClay. Elliott will certainly be there at the fourth pick. Whether the Cowboys ultimately select him will remain a mystery for several more hours. If the Chargers take Jalen Ramsey at third overall, our money would be on Dallas pulling the trigger on Elliott.
The Cowboys ranked 22nd in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per play last season, and it's a bit of a head-scratcher that they would prefer Elliot's potential impact on the defense to that of Jalen Ramsey, the draft's top-ranked defensive back.
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- McCarthy: Cowboys' Michael Gallup has been 'moved around some and in the slot' this offseason June 10th, 2021
- Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott agree to new contract March 8th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) looks fresh in Week 16 return against Eagles December 28th, 2020
- CeeDee Lamb scores via air, ground for Dallas December 28th, 2020
- Michael Gallup gains 121 yards, scores twice in Cowboys victory December 28th, 2020