Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape
Atlanta Falcons general manager Terry Fontenot praised the physicality on display in 2022 first-round pick Drake London's college tape.
"He finishes plays. He lowers his head. He's tough and physical. Some guys are selective. He's all the time," Fontenot said of London, whom the team selected with the eighth overall pick of the 2022 NFL Draft. London dominated college football in his final season at USC, and broke out as a receiver in his freshman collegiate season despite playing alongside NFL receivers like Michael Pittman Jr. and Amon-Ra St. Brown. He has the opportunity to hit the ground running for a Falcons offense lacking in options behind tight end Kyle Pitts this season.
Pittman averaged over 100 receiving yards per game in his final season at USC before suffering a season-ending ankle injury, but the talented receiver should be full health by the time the season begins. Our models project him to finish as the fantasy WR41 this season (second among rookie wideouts) with 67 catches for 856 yards and 5 scores.
- Chase Claypool (shoulder) returns to Steelers practice August 8th, 2022
- Gus Edwards (knee) 'probably doubtful' for Ravens' opener August 8th, 2022
- Breece Hall displaying "the most juice" among Jets backs August 8th, 2022
- Bills' Jamison Crowder "looks like a safe bet" to make the final roster August 8th, 2022
- Jameis Winston leaves Saints practice with foot issue August 8th, 2022
- A.J. Brown dominating Eagles training camp August 8th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Falcons acquire Bryan Edwards in trade with Las Vegas May 13th, 2022
- Falcons release running back Mike Davis May 2nd, 2022
- Falcons draft quarterback Desmond Ridder at No. 74 April 29th, 2022
- Falcons draft Drake London eighth overall April 28th, 2022
- Falcons ink quarterback Marcus Mariota to two-year deal March 21st, 2022