Saints' Alvin Kamara anticipating 6-game suspension
New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara is "bracing for a suspension of at least six games," reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.
Kamara will face felony battery charges for an incident that occurred in February, but the NFL typically waits to hand down their own discipline until the criminal process has concluded, so it remains to be seen when the suspension will actually be enacted. Mark Ingram figures to be the primary beneficiary if Kamara misses time, but a Kamara suspension would open up more work for the entire backfield. Dwayne Washington, Tony Jones, and undrafted rookie Abram Smith are currently on the depth chart, but only two of them are expected to make the final 53-man roster.
numberFire's models project Kamara to average 14.9 carries, 4.0 receptions (5.7 targets), 65.5 rushing yards, and 38.2 receiving yards per game. He is currently the RB6 in our preseason fantasy rankings if he doesn't miss any games.
- Miles Sanders regressing as pass-catcher for Eagles August 12th, 2022
- George Pickens shining at Steelers camp August 12th, 2022
- 49ers pay tribute to Trey Sermon at training camp August 12th, 2022
- Cardinals: Zach Ertz progressing with calf injury August 12th, 2022
- Minnesota's Kirk Cousins (COVID-19) out for Sunday's preseason opener August 12th, 2022
- Ameer Abdullah a 'revelation' at Raiders camp August 12th, 2022
- Jameis Winston (foot) to miss Saints' preseason opener August 11th, 2022
- Jameis Winston leaves Saints practice with foot issue August 8th, 2022
- Michael Thomas (ankle) placed on New Orleans' active/PUP list July 21st, 2022
- Rapoport: Michael Thomas (ankle) could be cleared early in Saints' camp July 19th, 2022
- Expectation of "full health" for Saints' Jameis Winston (knee) July 19th, 2022
- Saints' Alvin Kamara anticipating 6-game suspension June 24th, 2022