Steelers expected to select a cornerback in the first round
Ohio State cornerback Eli Apple is reportedly the Pittsburgh Steelers' "guy" at 25th overall, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Gerry Dulac writes.
Apple's stock appears to be on the rise, and he could be gone by the time the Steelers are on the clock. One thing appears certain, however: the Steelers are zeroed in on a defensive back in the first round. Houston cornerback William Jackson III, Clemson cornerback Mackensie Alexander and West Virginia safety Karl Joseph are also in play.
The Steelers' defense -- for all of their reported troubles -- still ranked 11th in the league in Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points last season.
- Browns' Donovan Peoples-Jones "looks incredible right now" June 21st, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman impressing teammates in minicamp June 21st, 2021
- Carson Wentz making positive impression with Colts' teammates June 21st, 2021
- Rams' Matthew Stafford "better than advertised" so far this offseason June 21st, 2021
- Nick Chubb, Browns negotiating extension June 21st, 2021
- Bears' Justin Fields to play plenty of preseason reps June 21st, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Steelers activate Eric Ebron from COVID-19 list for Wild Card game January 8th, 2021
- Steelers suggest Josh Dobbs could be involved Sunday January 5th, 2021
- Steelers place Eric Ebron on reserve/COVID-19 list January 2nd, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (rest) officially ruled out for Week 17's game against Browns January 1st, 2021
- Mason Rudolph starting for Steelers in finale versus Browns December 29th, 2020