Browns may trade down with teams seeking Ezekiel Elliott
The Cleveland Browns "have been having discussions with teams behind them" who want to trade up for Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott at eighth overall, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports.
The Dallas Cowboys are becoming increasingly unlikely to take Elliott at fourth overall, leaving the sweet spot for Elliott in the 8th to 13th range. If the Browns can move back another three to five spots and pick up another second- or third-round pick in the process, it'd probably be a smart move.
The Browns wouldn't probably mind Elliott as he is an incredible talent. However, they tied for 15th in the NFL in Adjusted Offensive Rushing Net Expected Points (NEP) per attempt in 2015, so he would be a luxury. They are much more in need of stability at the quarterback position, finishing 20th in Adjusted Offensive Passing NEP per drop back last year.
- James Robinson expected to lead Jaguars' backfield in snaps June 18th, 2021
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) active Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Browns activate LG Joel Bitonio from reserve/COVID-19 list January 15th, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) doesn't practice on Thursday January 14th, 2021
- Denzel Ward activated for Browns ahead of Divisional Round January 13th, 2021
- Browns' Jack Conklin (hamstring) considered day-to-day January 11th, 2021