Free agent Antonio Brown unlikely to return for 2022 season
Former Tampa Bay Buccaneer wide receiver Antonio Brown seemed to rule out a return to the NFL for the 2022 season.
"...don’t play yourself looking at me to play," Brown said during a live interview on a fan-controlled football game this week. Brown's abrupt mid-game departure from the Buccaneers may end up being the last we see of the former All-Pro talent on an NFL field. His off-field behavior had been coming into the spotlight increasingly often over the past few years, including claims by his former trainer of sexual assault. Despite his continued on-field success, his NFL career may be coming to a close.
While Brown played most of the 2021 season at 33 years old, he still dominated when he was available to the Tom Brady-led Buccaneers; his 3.03 yards per route run mark ranked fifth in the league before his bizarre exit. He once had a streak of four consecutive years of All-Pro awards for his production at the wide receiver position.
- Jets' Zach Wilson (knee) expected to miss 2-to-4 weeks August 13th, 2022
- Jets' Zach Wilson suffers knee injury in preseason clash with Eagles August 12th, 2022
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (hamstring) not expected to play in preseason August 12th, 2022
- Falcons' Drake London (knee) exits preseason game early August 12th, 2022
- Miles Sanders regressing as pass-catcher for Eagles August 12th, 2022
- George Pickens shining at Steelers camp August 12th, 2022
- Buccaneers' Russell Gage (hamstring) considered day-to-day August 11th, 2022
- Tom Brady (personal) away from Buccaneers through August 20 August 11th, 2022
- Bowles on Chris Godwin's return: Buccaneers 'not getting our hopes up' August 5th, 2022
- Chris Godwin (knee) cleared for Buccaneers' camp July 26th, 2022
- Buccaneers sign tight end Kyle Rudolph to 1-year deal July 21st, 2022
- Bucs' Leonard Fournette entered minicamp overweight but not 'any worse for wear' July 18th, 2022