Saints' Michael Thomas still has "a few hurdles" to climb in return from ankle injury
New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas (ankle) still has a "few hurdles" to climb in his return to action in 2022.
Thomas has been out with an ankle injury since early in the 2020-21 season when he was rolled up on in the final minutes of the game. He has missed a season and a half since then but is nearing a return as we move closer to the start of the 2022-23 season. According to head coach Nick Allen, Thomas still has "a few hurdles" he needs to get over before he is able to return. When he does, he will be joined by Saints' first-round wide receiver Chris Olave.
In his last full season in 2019-20, Thomas hauled in 149 of 185 targets for 1,725 yards and 9 touchdowns.
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- Saints' Alvin Kamara anticipating 6-game suspension June 24th, 2022
- Jameis Winston (knee) active at Saints OTAs May 26th, 2022
- Saints' Michael Thomas still has "a few hurdles" to climb in return from ankle injury May 6th, 2022
- Saints trade up, select Chris Olave eleventh overall April 28th, 2022
- Saints re-sign receiver Tre'Quan Smith March 28th, 2022
- Saints and quarterback Jameis Winston agree to two-year contract March 21st, 2022