Patriots' James White (hip) remains sidelined heading into training camp
New England Patriots running back James White (hip) still has "a little while to go" before he can return to the field and is unlikely to participate in the team's upcoming voluntary training program.
White suffered a brutal hip injury in Game 3 of the 2021 season and was ruled out for the remainder of the season quickly thereafter. He is still rehabbing from that injury, but we may need to check back in with the veteran closer to the season as he progresses through his recovery. His injury may have played a part in the Patriots' recent draft decisions, which saw them selecting two running backs.
White has been the Patriots' reliable pass-catching running back since the 2015 season, and will likely take up that mantle again in 2022 if he is healthy enough to play. Mac Jones targeted running backs on 21.3% of his throws in his rookie season, meaning White can still produce fantasy-viable numbers without Tom Brady piloting the offense.
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- Pats' Rhamondre Stevenson "impressed everyone" in spring practices June 20th, 2022
- Pats' James White (hip) participating but limited in spring practices June 12th, 2022
- Patriots' James White (hip) remains sidelined heading into training camp May 2nd, 2022
- Patriots acquire wide receiver DeVante Parker in trade with Dolphins April 2nd, 2022
- Pats' Jonnu Smith expected to participate in voluntary offseason program March 28th, 2022
- Patriots adding Hunter Henry to offseason haul March 16th, 2021